Monday, February 28, 2011

PPST-Post Pre Service Training


Spent a week in Azrou with all of the SBD (small business development) volunteers.  It was good to see everyone again and hear their experiences.  Almost everyone has their own place now and it is much better than living with a local family.  It was a good experience but nice to have your own space, eat what and when you want, sleep when you want and unpack all your stuff.
  I took a follow up language exam and actually passed with a rating of Novice High.  Did not think I would make it.  I guess they did not want to see me again.  My Mom is happy.
Ate three squares a day with snacks in between.  They are trying to fatten us up again.  I do not eat like that at home.  We actually had out own bathroom in each room and a TV to boot.  Posh Corps.

The weather was beautiful, warm and sunny.  All the flowers started blooming and made for an awesome time.  The flowers have not bloomed and nothing i green yet in Midelt.  It i still cold, bbbrrrrr.  My electric bill was 3 times the last one because of the electric heater I have to supplement my gas heater, which really cranks out the heat.



We had a local band and dancers that was very entertaining.  They did a hair dance where the ladies take off their head scarfs and head whip their heads to throw their hair was something I had never seen before.  Jim got picked to dance with the girls and several PCVs got up and strutted their stuff.  I have a bad knee so unfortunately could not dance.  I really wanted too.  LOL.
What I have learned at PPST:
   To be Successful -   1.  Show Up
                                   2.  Just say "Yes".
                                   3.   Except when it is time to say "No"
                                   4.  Admit ignorance but don't be dumb.
               Thanks to Tyler for that.
     Don't volunteer for something you don't know what it is.

Dance even if you do not know how.  You will have fun


No comments:

Post a Comment