Tuesday, September 28, 2010

AAHHHHH




Well I am living in the High Atlas Mountains now with a local family.  I am settling in and getting accustomed to the food, living, language, customs, etc.  I keep telling myself I can do this like the little engine that could.  Have been some interesting stories that I cannot print here, nothing with sheep.  Visited a high mountain drainage for the town and had dinner outside with music, sheep and relaxation.  My kind of Peace Corps.  The language has been a real challenge.  Very intense working 10-12 hours a day with more study at home.  Will be well worth it.  Had a visit from another PCT group last Friday, what a treat hearing their stories and comparing to ours.  Visited a Souk (market) and pretended to speak the language.  Make a few mistakes but I have not been disappointed in my attempts.  Hope you enjoy the pics.  Gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment