Sunday, October 3, 2010

Goats in the belfrey

The other night I heard something in my room early in the morning (2:30).  It sounded like the cat was running around in my room.  I used the light from my phone to see what it was.  No luck.  Saw nothing.  Kept up for an hour or so then got quiet.  Not hearing out of one ear helps you to sleep.  Handy.  The next night it happened again.  No cat.  Started thinking it might be mice or god forbid rats.  Now I couldn't sleep thinking something was going to be running over me in the middle of the night.  How can I catch this rodent.  Come to find out that it was not the cat or rodents.  My host family got two live goats for an upcoming holiday and they have them living in the room above me.  In the early morning they wake up and start jumping around.  Case solved.  I can sleep again.
Thursday I got a treat when the family asked if I wanted to take a hot Doosh (bath).  Absolutely, I have been taking cold bucket baths and my hair looked something out of "Grease".  I went upstairs to the unfinished roof level and there was a wood burning water heater in a tiled room with a floor in the drain.  LET ME IN THERE.  They showed me how to siphon the hot water into a bath bucket, add cold water so I did not burn my butt and I was on my own.  I spent a while in there.  It was like a steam room.  I washed my hair twice.  AAAHHHHH.  They have been holding out on me, or maybe they thought these smelly Americans do not bathe.


Some food shots.  This is what we eat at the Training School (CBT).  We have a cook that makes lunch and two snacks.  I am not lacking for food here.  Have had goat and chicken.  Sheep is not suppose to be as tastey.  Goat is like pot roast.  Most of the meat dishes are cooked in a pressure cooker.  You eat bread of some sort with every meal and snack.  Lots of carbos.
Talk to you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment